Alden Investment Group is looking for an Operations Assistant (OA) to support the day-to-day tasks of our financial advisors. Alden is a quickly growing, fast moving financial services firm with ample opportunity for advancement – a number of freelancers and part-time employees have moved on to full-time positions at Alden. Alden seeks to cultivate an environment that is both friendly and productive. Candidates with a good attitude and the desire to communicate with their peers have found an enjoyable career at Alden.
The OA will support 2-5 financial advisors with their daily tasks. The right candidate will be a self-starting tech-savy and curious person. We are looking for someone who is always looking for ways to help out, improve processes, and figure things out for themselves as much as possible. Experience and comfort with technology is a requirement. Tasks such as working in Excel, converting .docs to PDFs and editing PDFs are already common knowledge.
OA may be remote or physically in our Doylestown, PA office between 9am and 4:00pm EST. OA will initially be needed at ten (10) hours per week, growing to thirty (30) if it’s a good fit. If you are a pro-active, energetic, enthusiastic team player, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assist Advisors with the daily tasks of their business. This may include:
- Complete and process account opening or transfer paperwork
- Speak with clients on the phone
- Process money movement transactions
- Required Minimum Distributions, deposits, statement requests, custodial requests
- Ensuring every client folder has all required compliance documents in electronic format
- Compliance & Due Diligence Checklist for Private placements & Licensing
- Assist with the creation, editing and distribution of marketing materials including PowerPoints, Fact Sheets, Word documents and Emails.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Previous experience supporting financial advisors
- Licenses such as Series 7 or 65
- Understanding of client account types (Roth v Traditional IRA, Trust Accounts etc..)
Experience with the following platforms is a big plus:
- Google Workspace
- Monday.com Project Management
- Nutshell CRM
- Financial software/URLs such as Charles Schwab, Raymond James and Orion